Sunday, July 30, 2006

Nothing Much To Report

I'm sick. :P Hannah is sick. :P I got sick from Hannah. :P This isn't a good thing because there is so much to do around here. This morning we went to church and then stayed around because it was the annual church picnic afterwards. We left early because we needed to bring Hannah some chicken noodle soup. I feel asleep in the car on the way home and then as soon as we got in the door I climbed back into bed because as you will remember "I am sick". After reading approximately 1 chapter in "Toujours Provence" entitled "No Spitting in Chateauneuf-du-Pape" I feel asleep. The funny thing is I didn’t wake up for about 2 1/2 hours. The rest of the afternoon was spent in my room knitting some wrist warmers and listening to "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn". The wrist warmers are now done, but there isn’t a picture of them for you to see yet. Just now as I was reading various blogs I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. A big bug was crawling across the computer table. I smashed it with a tissue I was holding because as you will remember “I am sick”. We are going over to the church gym in the morning to do yet another trial of the Chinese lantern/general wedding decorations. We all hope it goes well, and that mother is overcome by its beauty. HA! There is a bottle of Nyquil (registered trademark) and a measuring spoon sitting on the scanner as I type this and I believe it is my fate. Two tablespoons later and a paragraph or so of my Frenchy book will send me off to sleep. That is because we all know the "Nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, sleep better to feel better medicine" actually does work wonders.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAA! GET WELL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!! COLDS ARE AWFUL!

Anonymous said...

Ya, you're definitely sick. I can't imagine falling asleep reading French spitting rules under any other circumstances. ;)

Hope you're feeling better today. Hannah, too.

Naomi Joy said...

What a boring book.

(Oops. Did I just say a book was boring??)

La Brebis Roses said...

Hey! Be nice to the sicky. :P

Anonymous said...

Poor Mushroom Head. Are you better yet?