Monday, December 17, 2007
My 70's Ski Hat for Joel
Christmas is coming and that means Joel is coming from the South to the North. I had been thinking (and someone had been hinting) that a hat would be really helpful. I hadn't found a patten that I really liked, but I came across this one (that is a link even though it didn't change color this time) a few days ago. It seemed perfect because every time I put on my hat and scarf to leave the house, my mom tells me I look like Ali MacGraw in the movie from the 70's called "Love Story". We might as well match, right? I knitted the entire thing in under 24 hours because we were a bit snowbound this past weekend. I didn't have the type of yarn it called for, but did have some nice wool yarn that wanted to be a hat for the head of someone special. ;) It came out a bit big, and I was very glad I had knit it out of wool. It felted up nicely, and I think it will fit Joel rather well. I made a few changes to the pattern, and if you would like to know what they are just leave me a comment.
The hat before felting.
Yep...it's too big.
At this point I was really hoping that it felted, but if it didn't, I figured that I could always turn it the other way and use it as a teapot cozy. Hmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HA, HA, HA!!!!!!!!!!! I was the first one to comment!!!!! I even beat JOEL!!!!!!!!
nice hat
Wow! You commented before I even finished correcting the post. :)Nice chatting with you this evening.
Thank you so much, hon'! Can hardly wait to don the wooly thing, and fend off the antarctic - it's great. You're also quite lovely, by the way. :)
It's a very nice hat. The pictures before felting are funny. If it hadn't worked, you would've had to give Joel a teapot to go with it.
Post a Comment