After having a caprese panini at our favorite coffee shop awhile back, I decided that I should try to make one at home. I acquired a rather large basil plant last week, and we've been enjoying them ever since. Very simple, very fresh, and very yummy. The recipe is just layering fresh mozzarella, tomato (sliced thin), and some basil leaves (chiffonade) on a ciabatta roll. Rub both sides with butter and grill, pressing it down so everything gets mushed together. It is the perfect summer dinner.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hmmmm, that sandwich looks really good! You better come back and make one for me! (Dad)
Maybe you should come here and I'll make one for you. :)
That looks very good. How soon are you coming back to Texas? Also, thank you for teaching me the word chiffonade.
I guess I'll come there... eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later. (Dad)
Make me one!
-Hannah
Yum! That looks a lot like that sandwich I got in Pennsylvania a couple of times. I need to make this! Man, you have all kinds of new recipes you need to give me.
Martha!!1 Your food always looks so appetizing! Maybe when I come and live down there you could show me some of your recipes and show me how you make them!
Laura M.
I think your whole family needs to get together, and eat it! :) :) :)
It does look very tasty, indeed!
I hope you're having a wonderful Thursday, Martha!
Post a Comment