Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Embroidered Fabric Boxes

I had been thinking for a long time that I needed to start making fabric boxes to house some little annoyances that bothered me. :) I found a tutorial last week (Um...I can try to find it again if anyone wants it), and changed the measurements to suite my needs. First up is a box for our remote controls. I decided to embroider the outside first to make it a little cuter.




And this little one is to throw stuff in on top of the microwave. There is always little pile of "What is this from?" up there, and at least now it looks cute. :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so cute, Martha! Are you thinking up all these embroidery designs yourself?

Daniel and Christa Blanchard said...

Martha,

I would be interested in the tutorial! These would make great boxes for Joshua's toys and other little things of his that need a place!

Christa

Hannah said...

You are so creative! I just want to copy everything you make!

La Brebis Roses said...

Here is the tutorial that I mostly followed. I put cardboard in the bottom of the bigger box I made, but I really don't think it needed it.

http://allbuttonedup.typepad.com/all_buttoned_up/2007/01/more_power_to_t.html