Friday, February 23, 2007

Hooked on Crochet?!?

I know this will come as a great shock to most of you, but I have done it. I've learned how to crochet. Below you will find pictures of my first completed project. This does not in any way diminish my love of knitting, or make me want to use my knitting needles for decorative purposes only and go out and buy a set of hooks. Since I know that crocheting takes three times as much yarn for the same amount of square footage, I most likely won't be doing many blankets either. :) I really don't like the look of crocheted clothing, so this will probably be what I make most with my new craft skill. There is also a possibility of a crocheted snowflake here and there. ;) Now it is time for all of you to comment and tell me how proud you are of me. This means you Amy.


The completed blanket.

All folded up.

The edge.

A close up of the sheep fabic.

Here is a close up of the fabric I am making the next blanket out of. I really love the retro look of the cars. This one will actually be a gift. :)

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Bravissimo! How come no one else has told you besides me? That's great.

Amy said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

I am VERY shocked!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That is shocking! It looks lovely for your first crocheted thing. I never knew that crocheting took three times as much yarn. Snowflakes are good, though.

Naomi Joy said...

Lovely blanket. Good job.

Isn't it knitting that takes 3 times as much yarn for the square footage?

La Brebis Roses said...

Nope. Crocheting does.

Anonymous said...

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
WHEW! That took awhile!

Anonymous said...

Hey. It only printed on row. did twenty rows!!!!