As stated in a previous post, the night we got home from Minnesota I went through my yarn stash. It bothered me that it was not all in one place, and now I feel better knowing that it is all under my bed in a bin. I am glad it all fits under there and I haven't stooped so low as to hiding it in the piano or behind a row of books on the bookshelf as some other knitters I know of do. I sorted it all by color and put it away according to the colors of the rainbow. I love when I can put things away in that order. I've been suppressing the urge to pull it out just to see how pretty it is. While going through my yarn, a few things came to mind.
1. I hadn't fully realized that I had so much orange yarn.
2. Looking at yarn inspires one to create something. As Stephanie Pearl Mc-Phee would say, "Yarn knows what it was created to be. You just have to look at it long enough to figure it out what it should be made into."
3. I think that a great baby blanket could be made out of all the leftover bits from other blankets I've made. (See, it is telling me already.)
4. In the very least I could make something nice and stripy.
5. I must find some great project that will use up all these great colors of mohair that I have leftover from wrist warmers.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are an excellent yarn mother. And your yarn babies are very fortunate to be in your home. Mine have spurned me and are currently packing themselves up in a Priority Mail box so they can ship themselves to Aunt Martha's where they will be treated like the treasures they are. Alas.
Post a Comment