Sunday, October 29, 2006

To Minnesota and Back

We are back from out trip to Minnesota. Here are a bunch of pictures from our time there. Most of them are of Alice and me raking leaves with Grandma and Grandpa at the cabin. It was a very nice trip except for the nasty cold I picked up on Wednesday that made me stay in bed all of Thursday and not feel like myself until today. Thank goodness that is over. My Aunt Shelly asked me if I am an unhealthy person or if I just get sick whenever I come to Minnesota. It reminded me of being little because every time we would go to Hibbing I would get the flu. The past few trips I've gotten colds, so I guess that is an improvement on the flu.

We had a horrible experience at Wal-Mart yesterday. We stopped at a Super Wal-Mart to get something to eat for dinner. Everyone kind of got their own thing and we met at the checkout. I got a pre-made sub thingy that seemed like a good choice at the time. When we got back to the car I opened it to pull off the tomatoes and begin eating when I noticed a hair inside the sub. I started going, "EWWW!! WAAA!! EWWW!! GROSS! ICK! WAAA!!" and then everyone asked me what was wrong. The next thing I knew we were ordering food to go at Applebee's because no one wanted to eat their food from Wal-Mart. Personally, I think it is going to take a bit of time to get me to eat anything from the big, blue super store again. Gross. I feel gross just talking about it. YUCK!

When we got home tonight I unpacked my suitcase within 30 minutes of our getting home. I think that is a record for me. I brought down everyone's dirty close and got a head start on the laundry that I was going to do tomorrow. The next thing I did was sort through my yarn stash. Don't ask me why, I just did. I organized it all by color and put it away in a more organized fashion in my bin. I'm sure you all think it is a funny thing to do as soon as you get home from a trip, but I just had to do it. Like I said don't ask me why, I just had to do it. I took some pictures of it all and will post them for you tomorrow. Next I touched up a shirt for Dad, and then I exercised while I finished watching The Wedding Planner. We started it in the car yeserday and hadn't finished it yet. Yes, it is good to be home and now it is time for bed. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we must have had the same problem! I always got the flu every year when we went to Minnesota! Thank goodness I haven't had it for a while.