Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Cards

Despite all the knitting I MUST GET DONE before Christmas (don’t even ask) I just spent about three hours addressing the 100 or so Christmas cards that we send out. We seemed to have lost our official list somehow, or maybe just haven't updated it in several years. Anyway, it was pleasant to have labels for some of our friends and relatives, but most of the time was spent tracking down people who have moved, married, and what have you. We went to the post office today and they were all out of Christmas stamps. I can't believe it! Please don't be upset if you get a card with a flag stamp, but it might be the best we can do. (Don't think we are happy about it.) The man at the post office tried to sell me love stamps, but I said something like, "No, I really want Christmas stamps, and I'll try some more post offices before I buy 6 books of love stamps." My eyes are tired of looking at white envelopes and ink coming out of my pen, but I am going to knit for a little while before I go to bed. I don't really have to watch the knitting anyway because it is just a scarf. (For those who are interested, it will be gifted to our next door neighbor.)

No comments: