Yesterday was Joel's birthday, so we had Graham over for dinner because it is his birthday too. :) I wanted to walk down to the corner store to get streamers and balloons to have up when Joel came home, but I had no money whatsoever. Instead Joel stopped to pick some up on his way home from work, and we quickly put them up before Graham got here. Because I didn't have room to bring ANY of my cake plates, I had to serve the bunt cake on the cutting board. :P Oh, well. Maybe I'll have at least one of them by next year. Oh, and you will notice that I wore the MEAJASO shirt all day yesterday. (That sentence shouldn't be understood by everyone reading this blog, but I don't really feel like explaining it right now.) I wanted to change before Joel got home, but I figured I should wear it the whole day. When he walked in the door the first thing he said was, "Wow! Are you wearing a t-shirt? You NEVER wear t-shirts" lol Maybe we should have put our design on a blouse . :)
We look really festive don't we? lol
16 comments:
What a nice birthday party. The cake looks delicious, even on a cutting board!
Great pictures! At least Joel and Graham took pictures of themselves while you finished dinner instead of photographing you. I have been there while Joel is trying to capture your every move in the kitchen! Your dining room looks wonderful decorated for birthdays! I hope you enjoy many of them there.
Mom
Did you sing the "Happy Birthday" song solo?
Hey, isn't it someone else's turn for the shirt or have you hijacked it forever?? I know, you aren't going to give it up until someone comes to get it from you.....Therefore visiting you =) Hmm, now I've given you a good idea ;)
Now you've got me going! I totally am curious about that shirt! (Enough so that I even tried googling it! haha) Do tell do tell!
It looks like you guys are getting nicely settled in there and having a great time!
Your apartment looks so cute!
You really need to explain the shirt. The whole nation is mystified (except Olivia).
Since Martha doesn't want to explain about the shirt, I will. A few of us wanted to stay in touch this summer, so we added our initials together to make the word "MEAJASO." The shirt bears our name, and it will be travelling around the world every week or so, visiting each of us. We will write about it in a little notebook, and when we receive the shirt in the mail, we can read about where the shirt has been.
Those pictures were hilarious, Martha. I am very impressed that you wore a t-shirt. I miss you. I feel very wimpy at the A's without you; I am so sore.
MEAJASO= Martha, Elise, Anja, Joanna, Sarah, and Olivia. You see, we have a shirt with our faces on it and we pass the shirt around from person to person in the order of our faces. There are rules you must follow when you wear the shirt, and after you've had it for no more than 2 weeks you mail it to the next face after you. :) Before you mail it though, you must write in the journal that goes with the shirt about what you did while you were wearing it. Do you get it now? It's like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants...only not.
Whoa! We both explained it at the EXACT SAME TIME! Weird!
I knew what MEAJASO was before you explained it!!! :D Must be 'cause I'm related to over half the people who will wear it...
Love the birthday pictures!
I am also very proud of the fact that you wore the T-shirt all day, I know how much you don't like them:). Lol Amy, I too am pondering that question!
I can bring a suitcase full or 2 if I bring Kylie. HINT HINT. Do you have a phone yet I miss talking to you. E-mail me debbieinthehood@roadurnner.com
Okay...I'm ashamed to say it, but we didn't sing. I said that we should sing and I asked if I would have to do it alone, but I cut the cake, brought it out, and totally forgot about singing. :( I feel very bad about it.
Don't feel bad about it. :) You like to look for things to feel bad about.
I REALLY like the new picture. What a cool view.
I like the new thingy on top. (Not sure what it's called) :)
Post a Comment