Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It Happens Every Night

I eat fast, I know that. Joel east SLOW and we all know that. Every night when we sit down to dinner I try hard (really hard) to eat more slowly, so I don't finish way before Joel. Last night was a little worse than usual. Take a look at my plate. We had been eating for quite some time when I took this picture because I didn't scarf it down. Now look at the next picture. It is Joel's plate and the photo was taken at the same moment. :)



I guess there really isn't much that I can do about it, but I remind him to keep eating when I'm almost done and he...isn't. Then I jump into a chorus of "This is the way we stretch the stomach" I guess last night was worse because of Mr. iPhone.  Joel was looking at my blog during dinner last night, but now I am smarter. Tonight I won't tell him that I blogged until he has FINISHED eating. :)

5 comments:

Joel said...

HA! That's hilarious... and it's true... Martha didn't tell me she blogged until I had one bite left.

Trina said...

Dear Martha,
This same thing happened to me when we were first married. I was a very fast eater and Jeremy was slow. I felt really weird sitting their while he finished eating his supper each night. Funny thing happened - somewhere along the way I learned to relax and slow down and - imagine this, pause for conversation! and now we usually finish around the same time. I guess it comes with living together - you rub off on each other! :)

Anja said...

I know this will happen when I get married because I eat way to fast!

Olivia Joy said...

LOL!!! That is a stitch!!

Anonymous said...

Martha!
What an adorable comment! Quite hilarious! Well, if anything, it looks like you and Joel are DEFINITLY enjoying one anothers company! I am so ahppy for you. I dont think I've had a chance yet to say congratualtions. So!!!!


CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING MARRIED!

I'm so happy for you and pray that God will richly bless your life together!

I miss you and hope I can see you when I come down there next year!